I have discovered the many benefits of cucumber for my health. I know lemon is excellent so let’s start with my lemon water dilemma first.
I knew that a lemon slice or wedge is great for putting in your glass of water or drinking bottle.
Well …2 years ago, I ended up at the dentist, as my upper teeth were browning and yellow looking. It was due to drinking so much lemon water. My dentist just had to educate me on the best way to drink lemon water and not have it harm my teeth.
Apparently, he, stated that we should only drink lemon water using a straw, so that the acid of the lemon does not adhere to your teeth ,as it did eventually with mine.
My dentist repaired the yellowness on my upper teeth and they are back to normal thank goodness!
Okay so I am a Cucumber person and it is is my health choice for using it in my glass of water; it is also, extremely good for inflammation on the skin and in the body.
I tend to drink more glasses of water too when I put a slice or two in.
This month I have been placing Cucumber slices on my eyes to reduce the tearing of an allergy irritation in my eyes and I just recovered from pink eye.
My eyelids are a bit swollen and I am placing 2 cucumber slices on my eyes twice a day. It is a nice cooling effect. I feel like I am at a spa. I keep the cucumber on my eyes for at least 15 minutes.
Yup! …just like the movie stars and spas that place cucumber on the eyes of the client and actors to reduce wrinkles and puffiness around the eyes, I am that woman right now and it has nice benefits.
- reducing swelling around the eye.
- stimulates antioxidant activity – what the heck is antioxidants? well here is the general description…..in case you aren’t sure what this means then:
(Antioxidants help remove free radicals that can damage cells from the body. These nutrients can help prevent diseases and boost health and wellbeing.)
- Cucumbers have high water content
- Cucumbers are rich in Vitamin C and folic acid.
- Folic acid acts by helping the body produce and maintain new cells. In particular, red blood cell formation is dependent upon adequate levels of this vitamin. Folic acid deficiency is a known cause of anemia in both adults and children.
- Cucumber slice in a glass of water is an excellent way to absorb this vegetable’s benefits to the body as well. Love it!
Are you a lemon or cucumber kind of person?