I keep my home with things that do spark joy and it is a work in progress.
- Decluttering (yes)
- Keeping special object/pictures of moments in one area.
- I am practicing the art of when I buy something and bring it into the
- home I then let go of something else.
The difficult process of…
- If the sentimentality of the object or clothing item is in my home that really does not spark joy
- or have any special attachment for me or
- I no longer fit into that piece of clothing but I like it but I am not wearing it so does it have a joyful sentiment to keep it?. If not it is gonzo!!!
If you do not already know about these 2 women who are quite famous for making your home expressive and happy. Here is a bit of info on Marie Kondo and Gretchen Rubin:……
In particular, her book The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up (2011) has been published in more than 30 countries. It was a best-seller in Japan and in Europe, and was published in the United States in 2014.n,.
In the United States and United Kingdom the profile of Kondo and her methods were greatly raised by the success of Netflix series Tidying Up with Marie Kondo.
bestselling books (The Happiness Project, Happier at Home, Better Than Before, The Four Tendencies, Outer Order, Inner Calm), my award-winning podcast Happier with Gretchen Rubin, my video courses, and my app Better, I share insights, strategies, stories, and tips that help people understand themselves and create a happier life.
The New York Times called me “the queen of the self-help memoir.” I would say that my work is self-helpful, not self-help. Really, I’d say that I’m a moral essayist, but that sounds so dull.
I like the authenticity I feel I am expressing now in my own home. It has for me now a capture of rooms to breathe in and special spaces that bring joy.
I have this “woo woo” table that I set up recently.
- Feathers for dream catcher crafting.
- crystals from a crystal growing kit.
- a singing bowl for clearing any ‘off’ or ‘bad’ energy in our home
I like my home to show my sparks of joy!
Leave a Reply